POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with plastic texture : Help with plastic texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Help with plastic texture
From: Dre
Date: 12 May 2011 22:15:45
Message: <4dcc9451@news.povray.org>
Hi all, I have been struggling bigtime trying to get a realistic plastic
texture to work with a hdr background.

Whenever I get close it allways looks washed out or way too reflective (ie
like shiney metal), I'd really like a brilliant white shiney surface.  For
example the same as a brand new white painted car panel.

If someone could help me out I would much appreciate it!

An quick mock up of my scene is below:

// ----------- code start
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

camera {
  location <0, 0, 10>
  look_at <0, 0, 0>
  right x * image_width / image_height
}

sphere {
  0, 12000
  hollow
  pigment { image_map { hdr "Factory_Catwalk_2k.hdr" map_type 1 } }
  finish { diffuse 0 ambient 1 }
}

sphere {
  0, 3
  pigment { color rgb 1 }
  finish { specular 1 roughness 0.0001 reflection 0.13 }
}
// ----------- code end

Thanks!

Cheers Dre